The Time Machine

Show us your rides or projects!

Moderator: FORDification

69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

The Time Machine

Post by 69timemachine »

Here's my '69 when I got it. It spent the last 23 of its 39 years stored in a barn! I call it the time machine because of how original it was. Just looking at it or sitting in it was like a trip back to '69. I'll be posting newer pics as soon as I get the front drop finished and the new wheels & tires installed. To be continued.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 69timemachine on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason
"Where there's a wheel, there's a way!"
'69 F100 SWB in Lunar Green with built 351C & TKO-600 5-speed, 4.56 gears, and Eaton TrueTrac Posi.
Future plans: Maybe one day, fresh paint, though I've been told by some, "Don't touch it! It's done!"
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

Sold: '77 F100, '72 Gran Torino, '76 El Camino with 454 & TH400
kaptnkaos
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: The Time Machine

Post by kaptnkaos »

Hey 69timemachine

A big Webfoot welcome to ya from the great Pacific Northwest...
Looks like ya got a keeper there for...
It shouldn't take much work to get it back to mint condition.

KaptnKA 8) S
Washington...The land where rust is like the family pet...Ya learn to live with it and clean up after its mess... KaptnKAOS

"Olde Skool" '68 Ford Bluebird short bus
"FRODO" '68 F-250 Camper Special project
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, she's a little rough around the edges, but like Joe Dirt said, "That s@$# will buff out". <LOL> :lol:
Jason
'69 F100 SWB in Lunar Green with built 351C & TKO-600 5-speed, 4.56 gears, and Eaton TrueTrac Posi.
Future plans: Maybe one day, fresh paint, though I've been told by some, "Don't touch it! It's done!"
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

xxxtina63
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: re: The Time Machine

Post by xxxtina63 »

69timemachine wrote:Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, she's a little rough around the edges, but like Joe Dirt said, "That s@$# will buff out". <LOL> :lol:
Rough!?!? That thing is beautiful! :eek:
67RED
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 67RED »

:wel: from south carolina very nice find.
steve
Life is 90% how you take it10% what you make it
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

Thanks! It's got just a little surface rust trying to peek through the paint from sitting in storage soooo long with an inch of dust on it. It was only used from 1969 to 1985 until it was stored. It must have been somewhat of a farm truck given the rear bumper. It was probably driven only on gravel country roads given the number of rock chips on the body. Still, finds like these are very rare in South Texas. The only rust holes are two tiny ones in the left front corner of the bed floor, and the front fender liners are scaly. That's it. The jambs, cab corners, and drip rails are perfect. I don't think I've ever been this lucky in my whole life! I'm eventually going to repaint it in this stock color. I'm thinking about maybe changing the grille & bumper color to dark grey instead of offwhite. I can't decide for sure though. Good thing that part of the project is still a ways off in the future. :drive:
Last edited by 69timemachine on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jason
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

man, i'm glad i got to contribute parts to that truck. i really like it. thats what i wanted when i bought mine. i should have held out.
wanting to buy a mercury tailgate!
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

Thanks Chris! I'm glad you got to contribute parts to this truck too! <LOL> If you're anything like me, holding out will get you into trouble. Usually I'll be thinking about whether or not I should get something, then when I decide to go ahead and get it, it's already gone. <LOL> I didn't have to sleep on it when this one came up for sale. It belonged to a close friend of mine, and I was there in 2000 to help him when we drug it out (with a tractor) of the shed it had been in since 1985. So, I had eight years to think about whether or not to get it. I knew I wanted it, but it wasn't up for sale at the time. Then after we got it running and roadworthy, my friend pretty much just let it sit in his barn for the next eight years.

Well, I got the front suspension disassembled today. Once my spindles are finished being reamed at the machine shop, I should be ready to go back together with it. I still have to paint the radius rods, tie rod, and springs too. I guess that will give me plenty to do until next weekend. :burp:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 69timemachine on Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jason
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

progress is good. lol are we going for discs? or just shiney new old parts?
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

I have nearly everything ready and waiting to be installed. here's the basic breakdown:

NEW: DJM drop beams, kingpins, poly bushings, Summit drilled & slotted rotors, bearings, shocks, ceramic brake pads, brake hoses, brake hardware, Addco swaybar

REMANUFACTURED: calipers, master cylinder, booster

'74 SALVAGE YARD DONOR PARTS: spindles, rotor air deflectors, booster brackets & linkage (offset style), proportioning valve, brake hose bracketry, tie rod

'69 PARTS REUSING: radius rods, springs

All I need to do before reassembly is paint the spindles, radius rods, tie rod, and springs. Hopefully it will all perform as good as it looks. Wish me luck. :pray:
Last edited by 69timemachine on Wed May 14, 2008 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

i'm with ya! just please post pics of the finished piece! how are you lowering the rear?

ImageImageImage
wt4speed#2
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by wt4speed#2 »

Hey Chris, Houston is not that far and those parts will fit my truck too. :evil:
Tony B.Image
DFW Area
"Someday...
I hope you to get the chance,
to live like you are dying"
Member#'s 236 & 403
Úlf the Comedy Sidekick
'69 F-100 "Stepper"(currently in a bigillion pieces )
wt's ride
thebucket
ford4x4fun
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by ford4x4fun »

That's a good looking truck... I look forward to seeing more pictures!!! Especially all painted and cleaned up :thup:
CNR Radio Instructor
US ARMY Retired
1971 Ford F100 4x4 (390)
2015 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.7l
427blackpearl
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 427blackpearl »

:thup: nice truck man. looks like it is going to be a cool ride when done
RedneckTexan
Blue Oval Guru