LMC anyone there know anything about trucks?

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

stldesign

LMC anyone there know anything about trucks?

Postby stldesign » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:57 pm

We are redoing a 69 f-100 4x4 we ended up buying parts from three places. Rock auto, Bronco graveyard and Wildhorses 4X4
Called LMC and asked some questions about a disc brake swap and the person on the line knew nothing about trucks. I was very polite and asked to talk to a tech person and was told the do not have a tech department? So we bought parts from bronco suppliers so we could talk to someone before buying parts and if we ran into problems. The guy a wildhorses was great when i asked him about a non power master cylinder for disc brakes.
I'll never go with LMC unless they are the only ones with the part we need.

dbarker
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: LMC anyone there know anything about trucks?

Postby dbarker » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:04 pm

isnt there an LMC guy on here? Lots of people use them without any issues. Maybe someone else will chime in...

at any rate, welcome aboard. any questions you have should be posed here to the people who have done it, instead of the people selling the parts. most sales people are just that, sales people. When you have questions ask here, we'll steer ya right with a few options.

HIO Silver
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Postby HIO Silver » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:35 pm

I basically consider LMC the vendor of last resort. Their shipping costs are relatively high so I try to order up to the next dollar limit where the shipping increases.

But LMC has stuff that other vendors don't have so sometimes ya gotta bite the bullet. My usual go-to place is National Parts Depot, Mac's, and Dennis Carpenter. In terms of technical questions, it's best to do your own homework and then posting a question here in F'ification if it is still unclear.

Fordman75

Postby Fordman75 » Mon May 04, 2015 7:59 pm

I've had good luck at lmc. They did not know,alot when I talked to them either. There sales people as far as other vendors I've looked dennis carpenter and found some stuff cheaper and some more expensive just gotta shop around.

Busboy
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Postby Busboy » Tue May 05, 2015 10:00 am

They are not very helpful if you have a question about their own parts. They listed a clutch fork boot as being for a certain serial number of truck. Well this didn't make any sense. I called them and after being transferred no less than 4 times, they finally said they didn't have a boot for my truck just to end my questioning. I ordered one anyway because it looked like my old one. Sure enough, it fit correctly. They simply don't care.
1969 F-250 Camper Special, custom cab.
1967 F-100 4x4 custom cab.
2016 F-150 Eco-Boost 3.7 liter. (It will smoke the tires!)

Return to “Vendors Feedback”