Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

chicof100
Preferred User
Preferred User

This guy has lost his flippin mind

Post by chicof100 »

Laugh of the week. Ebay item # 321360880007
This guy has been listing grilles recently for ridiculous money, Here's the sad news, some of you, (speaking in general) have actually bought his crap.
First look at what his buy it now price is, , second read the description, third look at pictures. I laughed so hard, but I was also thinking, someone is going to buy it. Doesn't anyone read descriptions, look at pictures?
Prior to this grille, he said to "ask other sellers if their headlight bezels were original or that reproduced china crap."
He just sold an "original" 69 Ranger grille to a member here I believe. For a stupid price. The grille had reproduced headlight bezels from Dennis Carpenter. He then painted the headlight bezels (NON Ranger) to look like the Ranger bezels, sort of.
Can you believe this crap?
1964 f100
292 yblock
1969 Ranger
Loving all ford vehicles
Bullitt74
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: This guy has lost his flippin mind

Post by Bullitt74 »

It actually makes me really sad to see what some guys on ebay are charging for stuff. I had boxes and boxes of extra parts for bumpsides, that I practically gave away when I moved houses a couple years ago. I'm not sorry I did so, because the guys I sold/gave stuff to were in the middle of their builds.

I especially don't like to see old dashpads being sold for $300-500 (saw one for $650 on ebay the other day), even if they are in excellent shape. My brother and I messed around with old dash pads for years, and they always crack (probably because we live in Canada, and get temp. extremes on both ends).

Better to make local contacts with like-minded people (such as people on this forum) and trade ideas, and parts for minimal costs!

Steve.
Steve F.
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
'72 Ranger XLT, 4x2, 390-2V, C6, Wind blue & Wimbledon White (‘Smokey’)
8)
2016 F150 Lariat FX4 Supercrew, Ruby Red
Follow my build thread for 'Smokey': http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... 22&t=85070
ThinLizzy13

Re: This guy has lost his flippin mind

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

There's a NOS starter solenoid on eBay. Only $350! What a steal lol
'63 F100 Uni 223 3OT
'67 F250 CS 352 4Spd