Rock Auto? Reputable site?

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

carneyboy91

Re: Rock Auto? Reputable site?

Post by carneyboy91 »

Reputable site for sure. I use it when I need to get something running. But as far as quality parts that last Id look elsewhere especially electrical. For my 72 f100 I head to Napa. These old trucks deserve good parts.
F10019651976

Post by F10019651976 »

As others used them a few times, as explained the look up is as a folder family tree, at first it confused me, after I figured it out NO PROBLEM, for sure a good research tool, BUT let me talk about NAPA, I was told their parts was better quality, I had ordered a thermostat housing from NAPA, paid the more $$$ for supposedly the "better" one, well when I got it it was IDENTICLE to the pourous one I had got from LMC even SAME package I.D. and where it came from info on it, paid about $10 less on the LMC, we will see if the MORE expensive "napa" part will crack as the SAME LMC part, I may have to go to junk yard to get a good original.
91Bear
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by 91Bear »

390bump wrote:Great site. Great choice of parts and the stuff gets to your house super fast. Excellent prices. Very easy website to use and look up parts.
Seriously! I got my parts yesterday (16th) and I ordered them at 12:05 a.m. on the 15th! And, no, I didn't pay extra for next-day air or anything.
tsherry
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by tsherry »

I use Rock Auto whenever I can. If it's a planned project, (not an emergency) I use it exclusively. I've saved thousands of dollars over the past several projects on parts, vs. O'reilly/Autozone, let alone NAPA. NAPA locally has been a huge disappointment--For decades I used them as a "cash" customer, and got the 'wholesale' price. Something changed a few years back, and all of a sudden I'm getting charged full retail, which is about 30% more than Autozone or Oreilly's, for parts that are no better, if not worse. The ONE time in the past five years I've used NAPA was for a master cylinder and vacuum booster (remote) for my 1971 F-500. They had the parts ON THE SHELF and I was out the door for under a hundred dollars. All other NAPA experiences ended up with me finding out the pricing there, and buying elsewhere--usually Rock Auto for pennies on the dollar. Sign up for their newsletter or whatever, and you'll get a coupon code that lasts months and can be used repeatedly.
too many Fords, no where near 'nuff time.

or, money.
Madman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by Madman »

Rock auto is usually the best price...usually......a little searching can be beneficial......sometimes the shipping from Rock Auto can make a good deal bad, though!
""Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet."

2017 Ford Raptor
1970 F250 4x4
1948 Willys CJ2A w/ Ford Flathead V-8
1975 Ford Bronco