LMC positive experience today - finally

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

hedz
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

LMC positive experience today - finally

Post by hedz »

today i spoke with a representative in the customer service department with lmc trucks by the name of Hannah. after telling her of my negative experiences lately and quoting other negative experiences she informed me that she would make a effort with their development team to address their issues by trying to become involved on various websites. i gave her fordificaitons website and hopefully we will see a representative soon that will ask us for feedback on their customer service, promotions on hold, catalog issues, and product quality as well as product request. she claimed to support this type of involvement and said she wanted to look into this. i don't know if she has any follow through but she went out of her way to help me with my order, calling my personal cell phone after hours, after 2 other representatives failed to process a return on a mislabeled blower motor for a vehicle neither i or they could identify, leading me to believe that she was legit. I had my first positive experience with lmc trucks today. I hope we see a representative joining the forum soon in the format she referenced
elgemcdlf
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: LMC positive experience today - finally

Post by elgemcdlf »

If I am not mistaken Hannah is the daughter of the guy who started LMC. I could be way off base there but remember seeing a show they (LMC) were featured on. Seems like that was the name of the daughter.
390bump
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 390bump »

My LMC experiences have been hit or miss... The customer support people on the phone are good. Sometimes there are issues with the parts...
Fordman75

Post by Fordman75 »

Good luck with lmc here
Robben

Post by Robben »

A lot of sensible and well informed candidates there. Good luck to LMC choosing its top team well.
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

I was at LMC's store once and I got into a conversation with the man at the counter regarding their carpeting and how it was confusing regarding the hump height. I can't recall now exactly how they had it worded in their catalog, but IIRC they had it divided into column shift and floor shift. Automatics are column shifted, but they were going by manual tranny's. The 3 on the tree has the low hump, while the 4 speed has the high hump. If you have a factory automatic, it is column shifted. For C4's, no problem. For C6's, BIG problem! That carpet isn't going to fit, even though you have a column shifted tranny. I explained to him what the confusion was and he brought up the return history on the carpet. Consistently listed as the reason for return was "Did not fit." Because people with a high hump C6 were buying the carpet for a column shifted tranny, while LMC meant that carpet for a low hump 3 on the tree.
He thought for a minute and then said "I'm going to make a report on this issue to management."
If you check out LMC's current catalog, and it has actually been this way for a while now, you will notice that they have completely reworded and expanded their fitment section.
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fb/full.aspx?Page=77

They actually do listen to their customers. I have never really had a problem with LMC.
One of my other hobbies is model railroading. I call it my winter hobby. Back in the 70's and 80's, Bachmann locomotives would run, but that was about it. Their current locomotives have really improved as far as quality, performance, and reliability.
Companies realize that if they wish to survive, they need to be responsive to their customer base. If they don't they won't. Knowhutimean, Vern? The real test of a company is not how often they get things right, but how they handle it when things go wrong.
I'll buy from LMC again.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
hardinusmc

Re: LMC positive experience today - finally -NOT FOR ME

Post by hardinusmc »

I've made three orders with them in as many years. I've tried their visor clip twice (for my 71 F100). Both times, the two holes in the clip and about a 1/6" narrower than the drilled screw holes. (I thought maybe they had shipped the incorrect one the first time). I ordered a side marker for the bed (same truck) and the holes were off there as well. One my first order, I got some repro keys for a 66 F100 and they were poorly stamped. Sure, they'll refund the money, but I'm loosing my keister on shipping costs for stuff I cannot use.
Maj Hardin
1968x1 1969x5 1970x1 1971x2 1972x1
Major Dick Hardin, USMC Ret
1968 ShortBed 300cid/C6, 1972 ShortBed CVPI, and a herd of parts trucks.
crazyhorse
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by crazyhorse »

Maj Hardin , thank you sir for your service to the greatest nation on earth , The United States of America.

Welcome to the best site period. :wel:

Hope you like it here. :pray:

Pull up a chair and stay awhile :thup:

:fr: :fr: :fr: :fr: