ACE Brand Tools

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

wildcard
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

ACE Brand Tools

Post by wildcard »

I recently had an ACE 3/8" drive ratchet lock up. I use these tools as my go-to tools. They are a great set of tools.
My tools are always inventoried, cleaned and put up after every use. No matter the brand or cost.
So I call around and search the internet for a local dealer. Nearest one is about 60 miles away. They all need to see the ratchet and receipt to decide if they will replace it. :eek: I bought these tools around 20 years ago or so. I probably didn't keep the receipt 20 days. Much less 20 years. :x
I finally just trashed it and bought a Craftsman to replace it. I probably would have gotten another ACE if it weren't so far to go. Naturally, I rarely even go that direction for anything.
I'm not saying they are bad tools. Just that their return policy sucks.
69Ford
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: ACE Brand Tools

Post by 69Ford »

Just brought a craftsman ratchet in. The salesperson reached in a basket of reconditioned ratchets under the counter and gave me one. Before I left the store I played with it. It was worse
than the one I was turning in locked up in my hands. Went back to the counter they gave me another reconditioned ratchet. Seems to be Okay but you can tell its used. I'm glad they Don't
do that with the screwdrivers
1969 Ford F100 Styleside standard cab 360 C6
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: ACE Brand Tools

Post by flyboy2610 »

I took a trashed Husky 1/2" ratchet back to Home Depot. I gave it to the guy at the customer service desk. He played with it, said "Yup. It's dead. Go get one off the rack and we'll swap it out." So I did. :)
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html