Wheeler Power Products

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

STROKER69
Preferred User
Preferred User

Wheeler Power Products

Post by STROKER69 »

This company is located in Jacksonville,Fla. and I can tell you buyer beware. The carry short block up to full performance engines and parts. I recieved one of their catalogs and found close to what I wanted. I ordered a 393w stroker with 9 to 1 compression. this engine was their street engine and called a complete short block. it came balanced and blueprinted with cam degreed in. This was to fit a 1969 F100 Bump with a manual flywheel (extra $). The catalog stated a hydraluic cam with this package, the next s.block up was a roller hyd. cam. We made a deal and I sent 1/2 of money and was told in 90 days it would be ready. In appox. 90 days I recieved a call the short block was ready, send other 1/2 of money which I did. 60 days later I still have no block. Iwas told every excuse you could think of as to why my block was not in my hands. I finally get it and pull top off crate, oh yea theres my intake, thank the lord #8 piston was part way down the bore. There was a spot on the cylinder wall, NOPE it was a casting flaw that had been bored into, and was about the size of a pencil lead and maybe .030 deep. I called company they said no way, sent pics. I ask them to send truck to get block , they didnt, 2 weeks later I took block back 300 mile round trip! by the way it had a roller cam in it and was told all their engines did.( I had already bought anti pump-up lifters and a distribtor for non-roller) Wanted money back plus, the begged to give another shot, BOY was i a Fool . 45 days later got new complete short block with right cam. But wrong oil pan , block not drilled for clutch pivot, two top holes for bell housing, threads messed up, flywheel bolts loose.oil pan bolts loose. Checked mains and rods they were good. MAN was I a idiot to trust that outfit.
forrestbump
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Wheeler Power Products

Post by forrestbump »

Don't be too hard on yourself... how were you to know? When you get a chance, read Robroy's "Tale". Here is a very smart man who did his homework and still got a similar outcome to yours.

Best thing you could do is warn the rest of us here of what happened and, most importantly, by whom.

I am sorry to hear of your misfortune, but I do appreciate your warning.
1970, 2WD, F-250, C/S, Dual Tanks, 390 FE (of course), C6, Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Dana 60 3.73, Sky View Blue, Ranger XLT

1970, 2WD, F-250, C/S, A/C, Dual Tanks, 390 FE (again, of course), C6, Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Dana 60 3.73, Wimbledon White & Sky View Blue, Ranger (almost twin brothers!)

"One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do" - Henry Ford

Larry
STROKER69
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: Wheeler Power Products

Post by STROKER69 »

Well thanks for the uplift Foresst, but you know the saying DO ME ONCE, SHAME ON THEM, DO ME TWICE SHAME ON ME.
I have just fired the motor but not run it , just wanted to make sure it would turn over by its self.