East Tex. Automotive in Linden

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

wildcard
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

East Tex. Automotive in Linden

Post by wildcard »

This has been the WORST experience with a mechanic shop I have ever had. I should have figured it since he worked at the cheby dealer until they lost their dealership.

I took it last week to get the timing gears changed. hIs "estimate" before getting the job was $300-$350. Finished price, $520. :eek:
When I dropped it off I left the keys in the dropbox. I wrote on the keys with a marker, ign. and door. Simple right ? When I go to pick it up, the door key is in the ignition. I assume they forced the ignition to turn with it. When I put the correct key in it works fine. So I write it off to ignorance. :roll:
After driving to work the next day, I discover it's leaking oil. 1/2 quart in 50 miles. :doh: I call and he says to bring it back this week and they will make it right. Fair enough.
Dropped it off Mon. night and put the keys back in the dropbox with their tag still on them. Went to check on it yesterday evening and the office didn't even know if they even looked at. Finally decided it was ready. Keys aren't on the board so they say they must be in it. I told them about the key screw up from before. Didn't seem to care. Got to get my wife to bring me back later to get it so I check to make sure the keys are in it. There is "A" key in the ignition. But neither of mine. :x I guess they have forced the ignition again. I took the key and disposed of it properly. Went back inside and told them my keys weren't in the truck. They asked the so called mechanic who worked on it and he had no idea. After searching the shop, they found them. IN THE DROPBOX !!!
They know exactly what I think about them now. And so does everyone who was in the office to pick up their car or drop it off.
Sorry for the long rant. I'm still pretty hot about it.