LMC lockset

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

1968_F100

LMC lockset

Post by 1968_F100 »

I ordered a lockest from LMC for my 68. The ones that came out of the truck have the round lever on the back of the cylinders and match the picture in the catalog. The ones they shipped have a flat lever with a hole in the end of it. The invoice has the correct part number and the package does too. I was just wondering if anyone has run into this and can confirm it's a new design or something.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: LMC lockset

Post by fordman »

the flat lever is for dentside trucks. just swap the flat one for the rod type off of your orignals. it will fit and work fine.
1968_F100

Post by 1968_F100 »

Thanks for the tip. I would love to do that but I'm missing the the passenger side lever. On a interesting note, when we opened the door up to ivestigate, we found the right hand door cylinder held in with electrical tape. :cry: Not only that but the truck did not come with a key that worked in the doors, hence the new lock set.

I emailed LMC today with pictures but they say they did not receive the email . . . twice.

:hmm:
TNIceWolf
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by TNIceWolf »

That's a pretty common way to receive the replacement locksets as far as the levers. I have replaced several sets on several vehicles and hit the same problem no matter where i got the locksets from. Switching out the levers as fordman suggests is easy and works just fine if you have the right ones. Finding one might be difficult.....but not impossible.... if you post in the parts wanted section on this forum.
Find 'em....Buy 'em....Fix 'em.....Drive 'em....Love 'em

HHC 4/67AR.... Bandits.....88-92

Presently in the stable
1969 Ford F-350 DRW
1989 Chevy S-10 Tahoe ( It gets me to work and back and fetches parts and groceries)
1981 Buick Regal ( My deceased uncles last project/driver....renamed project Regal Eagle to be finished in his honor)
1990 Ford F-150 ( Miss Yvonnes Daily Driver )
My F-350 project http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=41744