LMC...?? You Won't Believe This!!!

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

MotorDog

LMC...?? You Won't Believe This!!!

Post by MotorDog »

Well, I have ordered twice now from LMC. I would have canceled my order this morning but they are the only place I can find selling "ColorBond" products except the factory. The Factory has "minimum order" :x standards which a "User" finds difficult so that is not an option. Let me tell you about this!

LMC is in Kansas, which means it is only separated from me here in Utah by one state, Colorado. Probably 600 miles, maybe a little more,....or so. I ordered two cans of ColorBond which sell for $12.95 each and the freight which was $10.95. Yeah, I know, kinda expensive but beats buying 6 cans from the factory and paying freight on that.

Here's the rub.........: The representative explained to me that it takes 48 hours for them to get the order processed to the warehouse so nobody can get working on it for TWO days. That means they will pack and ship on Thursday......possibly. :? Oh, now it got even better! Ground Shipping is closed for the Holiday on Monday, so I was told to expect my order a week from Thursday, or 10 days from now.......WHAT??? Yep, that's the story straight from LMC. :help: Order total was $36.65 for two $12.95 cans of ColorBond.

Here's a comparison that might be of interest. It was order day for me and I ordered some items from NPD in Michigan, (Lots further from Utah than Kansas, (LMC), and that order totaled $62.30. Was told by NPD Representative that my order was all in stock, would be pulled and shipped TODAY and I could expect Delivery this Friday BEFORE the Holiday weekend! What's different here? This NPD order has to travel over 1800 miles to me! Certainly a $62 order is a little more than a $35 order, but I seriously doubt anyone is going to retire for life on the money they made from either order..... Plainly, to me anyway, the Difference is between how a Customer is viewed. You either value and take care of your customer or you DON"T! Looks like I found out who cares about my business and I will certainly remember that in the future when ordering more parts. NO, I won't be beating a Path to LMC's Door!!! :nono: What's your :2cents: on this?? How have your been treated?
What ever happened to the age-old practice of just "Minding Your Own Business?"
FLASH 1

Re: LMC...?? You Won't Believe This!!!

Post by FLASH 1 »

Larry Moe & Curly strike again of course sometimes it takes me sometimes little time to get orders shipped sometimes since one person cannot do it all with running salvage yard, wrecker service, buying vehicles @ insurance sales but in big business there is no exuse for getting it done,, if that busy they need to hire more help orchange the way they process there orders, what takes 48 hours for a piece of paper to travel say acroos the lot or bulding carrier pigeon
Tom, where Ford Trucks Rule
1956 Big Window
1964 F-750 Flat Bed
1965 M-100 Mercury
1966 M-350 Mercury
1966 F350 Wrecker
1972 F-350 Crew Cab
1997 F-450 7.3 with 85,000 original miles
2006 F-150 Crew Cab
2008 F-650 Crew Cab Roll Back 6.7 Cummins
2020 Flat Top Peterbilt Roll Back PX-7 Engine
and 2 cars 1968 XLT and 2017 Mustang
papabug71
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by papabug71 »

As much aftermarket support as these trucks need/require, its a shame that LMC is dropping the ball.
Matt
1971 F-100 Sport Custom - My grandpaws truck
Been in the family since 10/3/'71 (Brand spankin' new)
Mine since 5/7/'94
302 / 3 speed / 3:25's
--Currently undergoing full frame off resto/mod--
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

can you still cancel? i drive right by there every day. i can get those for you and ship them myself for actual shipping costs. unless there is some post office restriction on pressurized paint cans there shouldn't be a problem.
wanting to buy a mercury tailgate!
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
iamthewreckingcrew

Post by iamthewreckingcrew »

Rick at NPD runs a great business. If I can't get it used, I check NPD first. Their customer service is second to none. I really want to make it to the Fl location someday to check out their assembly of classics they have.
68 F-100 Short Box 2wd
302/c4/3.50
81 F-100 Long Box 2wd
460/c6/3.00
92 F-150 Lariat 4wd
302/auto couldn't go wrong for $500
MotorDog

Post by MotorDog »

ezernut9mm I appreciate your offer! The Post Office doesn't take Pressurized Paint cans.....some sort of 911 added restrictions. Have to come UPS, but still UPS makes it from Michigan to me in 3 to 4 days.....I guess UPS doesn't like taking much from Kansas to Utah.......Hahahaha! Just as well laugh about this whole thing as I'm caught up in their mess and it looks like I just have to be content with it as it is. LMC has had my order for over 24 hours now and I would be afraid to attempt to cancel it. Not sure if they could find the order courier until they arrive on their own! Can you imagine what a mess that courier could make by simply stopping off at the restroom for 10 minutes? Oh Dear, what else would we have to contend with? Besides, LMC has already hit my credit card even though they don't intend to ship until tomorrow or friday.

Actually, except for an item like ColorBond which NPD doesn't carry, and some few other items, I find no real reason to have to deal with LMC. I have spent over $1,000 this month with NPD and the service is on time and I haven't had a single back order. I will continue to use NPD whenever possible. Oh, speaking of prices, take a look at the LMC catalog for a Highliner Headliner for a bump. It is $40 more than NPD, and then LMC charges a "$20 Oversize Part Charge" for UPS plus the shipping charge based on your zip code. NPD charged me a "Flat Rate of $30 shipping" to get one of these. Grand total from NPD = $279.95. Price to get one from LMC =$337.95.

Given what I've seen in the last few weeks, if there are more folks like me out there checking the prices of LMC compared to NPD, LMC will finish cutting their own throat and they won't survive. When you cut back on service and then raise your price to make up for it, you are asking for trouble.......Oh well, NPD certainly has no trouble kickin' LMC's behind....!!! Great for us guys using the parts offered for our trucks........GO NPD!!!!
What ever happened to the age-old practice of just "Minding Your Own Business?"
72Explorer

Post by 72Explorer »

I just ran into the same problem with the 24-48 hour processing time! I ordered some parts on Sunday via the web thinking I'd have them within the week. Nope! They're leaving LMC today! What? Seriously? Is there like, one guy working shipping? I needed the parts for this sunday, and it's inexcusable for them to take so long. Now I'm going to have to thrash to get the parts on the truck afterwork so I can get it out of the previous owner's way. Sorry for the rant, but I won't be going back to LMC.

P.S. their rubber products are pretty much junk.
1972 Ford F-100 Explorer, 302 Spd
1948 Ford F-1 pickup, original Flathead
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

i don't blame you guys. the time i will get anything from them is when i go by there and it is something i really need. if i have to order something i usually start with tom over at flashback f100's. he is good people.
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

in defense of lmc. it is a big place and very busy too. when i go in there i do my stuff quick so the other guys waitign behind me dont have to wait that long in line like i did. maybe i will get a pic of hte place next time i am there.
cheek
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by cheek »

yes please do!
1970 Ford F100 351C FMX Daily
1972/3 Ford F100 Project
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

it's about half a city block in size, but there is no excuse for those kind of order processing times. heck, you can just show up and the counter jockey will buzz off with your order and be back in two minutes.

ImageImageImage
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

not for me. they are always busy when i go in there. too many chevy guys in front of me.
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

i usually hit them on a weekday about 4:30. maybe one or two people in there. the bonus is that i'm getting paid to be there. lol

ImageImageImage
Rockerdog

Post by Rockerdog »

Hmmm last post was June 09 but guess what? Hasn't changed much. Person on the phone couldn't have cared less about my question. I just hung up.
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

Rockerdog wrote:Hmmm last post was June 09 but guess what? Hasn't changed much. Person on the phone couldn't have cared less about my question. I just hung up.
i complain to the counter jockeys about this every time i go there. they refer me to customer service. lol. you can guess how that goes.

ImageImageImage