Lmc ????

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Lmc ????

Post by fordman »

do you recognize the words made in china anywhere on anything you have bought from anyone? how does the quality of thier parts fit american made stuff. a good question to ask when buying something from anyone. is where is it made at? its not who sells it. its where its made.
Salty

Post by Salty »

fordman wrote:do you recognize the words made in china anywhere on anything you have bought from anyone? how does the quality of thier parts fit american made stuff. a good question to ask when buying something from anyone. is where is it made at? its not who sells it. its where its made.
Just wanted to add, sometimes Chinese factories use "PRC" instead of "Made in China".
-Salty
http://saltywayz.com
1969 F100, 2WD long bed, 360ci w/ three on the tree
1971fordcustom
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 1971fordcustom »

wilhay wrote:Just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth. I have never ordered anything from LMC and probably would,nt after all the bad stuff i've heard, but i have ordered from NPD and i have to say i was VERY displeased. Right after i bought my first truck the brakes needed doing, one of the things i needed was drums so i ordeded them from NPD because the price was right ($25.00) each compared to NAPAs $85.00 each. Got them and they looked liked they were made of silver or something not gray like cast but decided to try them. Took all the parts to a mechanic to have the job done because i was going out of town the next day and i HAD to have the truck the day i got back. The mechanic said send this junk back it wont fit and they didn't look exactly like my old ones. Called NPD, first of all the guy i talked to in cust. serv. was the biggest _ _ _ hole i've ever talked to so he told me to measure the diameter which i did and they were the right dia. come to find out they were out of round so he sends me more, guess what, same crap. So i call them back, talked to different person, he to is an _ _ _ hole except worse, told him the deal he said i must have another problem, the mechanic even told him. Said he wasn't giving mee my money back, so i told him where to go, bit the bullet, bought the ones from NAPA and they fit like a champ. I will never buy anything from them again.
95% of my stuff come from NPD. One? Why on earth woud you go CHEEP ON YOUR Brakes?
Ya get what ya pay for! :roll:
http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb31 ... d%20F-100/

1971 F-100 Explorer Special custom
1971 F-350 Flatbed
1966 Ford Galaxie!
1966 Ford F-250 4x4
1960 Ford F-750 FireTruck
1960 Gmc 6000 FireTruck
1962 IH R-185 Firetruck
1959 Ford Custom 300
1940 Ford Truck
zentar

Post by zentar »

I have only ordered 3 times from LMC and all have been good(small parts). Sure hope I dont get some crap next time.
No Excuses-Make it happen
BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by BobbyFord »

LMC = Larry, Moe & Curly :D
Fastbackin1970

Post by Fastbackin1970 »

LMC Truck & Long Motor Company Owner Passed Away - Leo William Long Passed Away

By Rob Fortier

Text Size
With much sadness, Long Motor Corporation announces the passing of its founder and owner, Leo William Long, on August 19, 2008. Mr. Long has left a large footprint in the automotive industry.

Mr. Long was orphaned at a very young age and was sent to Kansas City to live with his maternal aunt and uncle. Learning early in life that he would need to work hard for what he wanted, he had an excellent work ethic. Mr. Long joined the Boy Scouts and earned his God and Country and Eagle Scout award. After graduating high school, serving six years in the United States Marine Corps, and graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Kansas, Mr. Long began his career as an engineer, eventually becoming a chief engineer.

Always involved with cars as a hobby, he began selling car parts in 1975. In 1979 the business went under and he lost everything. He started over in 1981, founding Long Motor Corporation, dba Victoria British Ltd., LMC Truck, and Black Dragon Automotive. Mr. Long repaid all of his debts from his first business endeavor and went on to build the successful machine. Mr. Long understood the importance of making the customer happy, creating catalogs to make it easy for the car and truck enthusiast to see what they need, having quality parts in stock, and getting the orders shipped out quickly and accurately.

In 1993, the first Chevrolet Truck catalog was introduced under the LMC Truck name. Soon after, parts and accessories were offered for expanded years for full size Chevy Trucks 1947-1987. The next market developed was Ford Truck, covering full size Ford 1948-72 and Bronco 1966-77. With the addition of more, larger truck parts, LMC Truck moved into our current warehouse at 15450 W 108th St. Ford truck catalogs were then expanded to cover 1973-79 and Bronco 78-79.?

Long Motor Corporation now creates over 30 illustrated, full line parts and accessories catalogs for Chevy/GMC, Ford, and Dodge trucks and SUVs under the LMC Truck brand; British sports car catalogs with parts for MG, Triumph, Austin Healey, and Sunbeam under the Victoria British Ltd. Brand; and the Datsun/Nissan Z and Mazda RX7 catalogs under the Black Dragon Automotive name. These catalogs are designed to make it easy for the do-it-yourselfer to make repairs or restore their vehicle.

In his words, "I have turned my dreams into an entrepreneurial success. I am only as strong as my people and as successful as my customers continued satisfaction. I am extremely proud of what has been created and accept that growth is elemental to the future of LMC." There are many people who have worked with Mr. Long and been employed by Long Motor Corporation for over 20 years including his wife (Janet Long) and the President, Rebecca Hanrahan. Together they have built a strong foundation from which the company will continue to grow.

He is survived by his wife Janet. In lieu of flowers, contributions are suggested to Annual National Silver Gloves Tournament, c/o John Brown, 14865 W 105th St, Lenexa, KS 66215. A memorial service will be held Saturday, September 27th at Aristocrat Motors, Merriam, KS from 6pm-8pm.

I'm guessing when Leo died his daughter stepped in and is in over her head
1970 Ford Boss 302
1972 Ford F100

Old Fords are like fine wine, they just keep getting better with age.
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

ya know, lmc isn't as bad as everyone make them out to be. they are kind of like the wal-mart of the auto parts world and should be taken as such.
my success rate with them is higher than most because i have a pretty good idea of what i need and can go to the counter and see the parts before buying.
the one place i think they can do better-and i tell them every time i am there-is having knowledgeable sales staff on hand or manning the phones. there needs to be people on staff that can actually answer questions, instead of just slinging parts.
i give lmc a b+ for what they do.
wanting to buy a mercury tailgate!
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

i have to say that i know what i am buying when i go in there. it is the walmart of auto parts for sure on most stuff. and i know which parts are suppose to fit and which arent so when i see the parts at the counter. i can say no these are wrong. or yes thats them. i have always got the right parts though. i use them because they are close. and dc wont bring stuff to the closet auto show. the trucker.
1967AceStroker
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 1967AceStroker »

1971fordcustom wrote:Don't get me started! :x We need a Smiliey that says LMC SUCKS :D
Actually, I have never had any problems with LMC stuff, and I have ordered quite a few things.
My Project Thread (Not updated in years.)
1967 F-100, Shortbed, 351W - 72mm Single Turbo - Megasquirt MS3x Engine Management, Tremec TKO 500, Ford 9" - Strange Nodular Center Section - Strange 35 Spline Axles - Strange Full Spool - Caltracs - DJM Drop Kit, Crown Vic IFS Swapped - 2 Coils Cut, Power Steering, Power 4 Wheel Disc Brakes, Paint - Kona Blue
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

LMC? like my candy? or lick my candy? cane? sounds like something to ask your wife or whatever.
1971fordcustom
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 1971fordcustom »

1967AceStroker wrote:
1971fordcustom wrote:Don't get me started! :x We need a Smiliey that says LMC SUCKS :D
Actually, I have never had any problems with LMC stuff, and I have ordered quite a few things.

LOL THATS SWEET!
http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb31 ... d%20F-100/

1971 F-100 Explorer Special custom
1971 F-350 Flatbed
1966 Ford Galaxie!
1966 Ford F-250 4x4
1960 Ford F-750 FireTruck
1960 Gmc 6000 FireTruck
1962 IH R-185 Firetruck
1959 Ford Custom 300
1940 Ford Truck
Calfdemon
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by Calfdemon »

Great... Wish I had read these LMC threads a week ago. I just picked up my 72 F250 and made my first order which was a sizeable one for a bunch of the stuff I need right off the bat. One of those things was all new rubber.

Of course, LMC was having a free shipping sale on orders over $1000 (mine was $1200) so I just did a 1 stop shop there. I had heard elsewhere that Dennis Carpenter rubber is the best, but was told as well that LMC rubber is pretty good and that they actually get a lot of their rubber from Dennis Carpenter directly.

Now I read here that LMC rubber is crap (in several threads) and I just purchased ALL of my rubber from them. Well, the order is in transit and is supposed to be here on Monday. So I guess we will see what happens but if my rubber is crap in a year as others have mentioned, I am going to be furious. All I can hope for is that the rubber lasts a lot longer in Southern California than other parts of the country where the weather is a bit more harsh. Maybe that will help me. I mean, the truck is 38 years old and has all of the original rubber still on it, and its been in California its entire life. Built in San Jose and sold in Los Angeles. We shall see I guess... :(
-Rich

Current toys -
69 Ford F350 Crew Cab - 460 / C6 - http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67 ... lqgskp.jpg
31 Ford Vicky - 1955 270 Red Ram Hemi / 4 speed - http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67 ... bsibvn.jpg

Former toys -
67 Pontiac Firebird 400 convertible (sold 9/13) - http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67 ... bird-1.jpg
67 Ford Fairlane GT - 390 / 4 speed (sold 7/15) - http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67 ... c5hu8z.jpg
farmer13

Post by farmer13 »

i've got some rear wheel cyclinders from LMC and they cost 20$ each. they are from China. I checked out Rock Auto's prices and they tell you what brand and their prices start at 3.95 each. i would prefer all usa made if i'm gonna pay higher prices.

cheers
fbomb100
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by fbomb100 »

wilhay wrote:Just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth. I have never ordered anything from LMC and probably would,nt after all the bad stuff i've heard, but i have ordered from NPD and i have to say i was VERY displeased. Right after i bought my first truck the brakes needed doing, one of the things i needed was drums so i ordeded them from NPD because the price was right ($25.00) each compared to NAPAs $85.00 each. Got them and they looked liked they were made of silver or something not gray like cast but decided to try them. Took all the parts to a mechanic to have the job done because i was going out of town the next day and i HAD to have the truck the day i got back. The mechanic said send this junk back it wont fit and they didn't look exactly like my old ones. Called NPD, first of all the guy i talked to in cust. serv. was the biggest _ _ _ hole i've ever talked to so he told me to measure the diameter which i did and they were the right dia. come to find out they were out of round so he sends me more, guess what, same crap. So i call them back, talked to different person, he to is an _ _ _ hole except worse, told him the deal he said i must have another problem, the mechanic even told him. Said he wasn't giving mee my money back, so i told him where to go, bit the bullet, bought the ones from NAPA and they fit like a champ. I will never buy anything from them again.
Oh hell no.. not with me as I would of gotten all my money back!! No one _ _ _ _s with my money!!!( well the IRS but there is'nt a choice there lol )
panski

Post by panski »

Apologize fellas for re-awaking an old thread. New-comer here. Yesterday, I received 2Gs worth of parts from LMC & still awaiting another G worth from DC for my '70 F100. Should have done more home-works by reading 'Vendor Feedback', but... Anyhow, I can't yet install any of them on my truck as it is being peeled of paints, body works, and the rest. On look alone, they all look decent.

However, I was quite surprised to find the 'Made in China', 'Taiwan', & 'PRC' stamps on many of their stuffs :o Not to pre-judge the quality, but I was under the impression that I was buying US-made ones, because on its catalog (DC's) they made 'Original Ford Tooling' as the selling proposition I guess I did not read all the right details for each part I ordered. Now I'm waiting in vain to see how/when they are being fitted.

Looking back (at my two lists of order), I think I had made a certain assessments when deciding where to order from: a) most moldings parts from DC (mostly less expensive), b) all rubbers (weather strips, bushings, plugs, etc.) from LMC.

Question is: What's NPD? :?

Thanks and cheers
'70 Ford F-100 (Project 95%)
'55 Ford F-100 (Project 50%)
'62 Chevy Impala (Project 0%)