Very helpful at Dennis Carpenter.

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

JWW
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Very helpful at Dennis Carpenter.

Post by JWW »

I had a tech question about the front cab mount bushings. Spoke with a very helpful gentleman. We talked for a good fifteen minutes about my truck and drag racing. Anyway, thought I would share my experience.
JWW
1967 F100 Ranger, Auto, 240ci
2004 F150 Crew Cab
My project: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... &sk=t&sd=a
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Very helpful at Dennis Carpenter.

Post by basketcase0302 »

I'm getting pretty frustrated with these guys!
Placed an order last October for an antenna for the Ranchero. They billed my credit card. Six weeks later no part (it was a Christmas present). So I call and it was not in stock (why wouldn't they advise me of that upon order).
I know...let's take the poor person's money and put it into our account just like the big corporate giants do, to gain the interest money into our own bank account!

Fast Forward to last week...
I once again place a call to them for an order, (no one else seems to have had the battery trays in stock for our trucks). Now my expierence tells me to first "verify stock" before placing the order.
So for the 4 different parts I'm ordering I first ask the lady on the other end of the line if the part is in fact in stock?
And for all four part numbers I get the "yes, I wouldn't place it on the order if it wasn't in stock" answer.
The order was placed one week ago yesterday, still no parts!
I've ordered from them for many years now, and they do have really good stuff. But is it really necessary to take from us "working slobs" just to fund an interest bearing account to fund a company?

I say beware, and be ready for a long shipping delay on your parts from them!
Most of ya'll here know I'm on a train wreck of a schedule to finish my build, I sure didn't need this...
Just my :2cents:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
FLASH 1

Post by FLASH 1 »

WE Hear this everytime before Christmas week, this past year at Ups Dec 24 no ground service means no pickup or delivery and Dec 31 same service also between those weeks service is very light with a lot of there trucks sitting idle for employees have saved there vacations at that time,, OH YES You will see there trucks on the days I mentioned but READ This on those dates its only NEXT DAY,2ND Day Services and if on a Saturday the same and see that truck you will be paying very high for that service we sent a package out Thanksgiving week and because of that same similiar schedule it took 4 extra days, we have at times takes us 5 days to get parts from Carpenters and we are in NC and a Dealer for Carpenters and wait Ups/FedEx charges are going up as of today and then in Feb. when they get there normal rate increase then US Mail is a option, but hear this if a package is lost at the Post Office, its 14 business days before a investigation thne to do a claim is another 60 business days < there business days is Monday-Friday only > so add that to weeks it could be up to 3 months we went through that mess 2 months ago so thats why we do ship by US Mail unless you aresure of what can happen on that end , hope you have better luck on your shipping
Tom, where Ford Trucks Rule
1956 Big Window
1964 F-750 Flat Bed
1965 M-100 Mercury
1966 M-350 Mercury
1966 F350 Wrecker
1972 F-350 Crew Cab
1997 F-450 7.3 with 85,000 original miles
2006 F-150 Crew Cab
2008 F-650 Crew Cab Roll Back 6.7 Cummins
2020 Flat Top Peterbilt Roll Back PX-7 Engine
and 2 cars 1968 XLT and 2017 Mustang
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Guys,

I had forgotten to follow up on my above post... :(
My DC order came in 3 days after I had posted the above.
Once again, the best parts available as far as I'm concerned. :thup:
And probably slow arriving like Flash1 stated, due to the shipping and timing of the holidays.
I'll continue to order from them, just can't beat the quality parts they provide for us!
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
1982 flareside
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 1982 flareside »

They are pretty good to me. :eek:
Jeremy
1971 Ford F250 camper special 360 T18(old model) 4 speed 4.11 gears 2wd with 1969 doghouse soon to be daily driver FRANKENFORD
1982 Ford F150 flareside 300 T18(new model) 4 speed 4.11 gears 4wd Daily driver

Some people say my truck is ugly and all i say is "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.