Terrible experience with Mac's antiques parts

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

Galaxie64

Terrible experience with Mac's antiques parts

Post by Galaxie64 »

First I will say this is not for our bumps but I will not use them for bump parts after my experience with them. I have a '51 F3 that is getting new brakes and suspension. The F3 shares most components with the F1 and F2 but not all, Mac's is the only catalog I have that lists F3 parts, so I figure they know what they are talking about.

I ordered brake shoes that I knew would fit the front brakes, they promptly emailed me asking if I was sure I wanted them because they were not for my truck and some other stuff was back ordered. I told them to take the back ordered stuff off the order and send the shoes they claimed would not fit. 3 weeks later I get an email saying all the back ordered stuff is in and my shipment would arrive shortly. I was already mad because I wanted that stuff 2 weeks prior, thats why I said cancel the back ordered stuff.

I get the shipment with everything I ordered. I open the brake pads, which are a set of 8, of which I needed 4. 4 of the shoes were either cracked in half or nearly cracked in half. I figured since I could salvage the 4 I needed I would let it slide.

A few days ago, about 5-6 weeks after I ordered everything and 2-3 after I received the shipment, I get a response to my email I sent them to cancel the back ordered items saying "OK". Note that they sent me the initial email at the very beginning wanting to know what to do with them. Apparently they just never read it or didn't care until now.

To top it off I also ordered rear wheel cylinders that were listed for F3's, today I get around to installing them and they are too big. Apparently they do not know what rear wheel cylinders F3's take even though they list that they do.

I mainly deal with LMC, which do not list F3's but I know most parts that are interchangeable and have never had a problem like this. From now on I will never do business with Mac's again. I have never had a problem with LMC screwing anything up and they will continue to get my business for the bumps and the Bonus Builts. I would caution anyone ordering parts from Mac's that are model sensitive or build date sensitive, there is a good chance they will not be right.
'68 F150 2wd
'72 F250 2wd Camper Special (400/C6/4bbl)
'64 Galaxie 500 (3524bbl/57K miles)
'92 Grand Marquis (mostly stock 4.6L)
'97 F150 (heavily modded 5.4L)
'48 F1 (Flat 6)
'51 F3 (Flat V8 )
'56 F350 (engineless)

** Chuck Norris has counted to infinity -- twice. **