O.E.M. Hardware Canada.

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

dduude

O.E.M. Hardware Canada.

Post by dduude »

I have to relate my experience with this company . I e-mailed them two pictures of a clip I need for the dash trim on my '68. They e-mailed me back very quickly and said they had them . hallelujah. I paid for a bag of clips (50, I only needed 7) $ 27.50 plus $7.50 shipping. I am good . I placed the order on Jan/15 /2007. I called and checked on my order 2 weeks later and they said it was going to go out in a couple of days . What!!! OK that's cool calm down. I got my order two weeks later. Finally. Cool . I rip open the package and you guessed it wrong clips . Not even close. They look like the clips that hold the stainless steel grille pieces on a 1948 Ford F-1 ( I have a box of those from days gone by, mine are rusty) .. I call right away and I get a different sales guy. He asked me what I had gotten and I read the part# off of package and he says that # is not a good #. ..............Breathe.................I read him the part # off of invoice and it does not match part sent. He said to email him the picture of clip that I need and , do so. I call a couple of days later and he said he did not get it. I e-mail him pictures again. I wait a couple of days and call and he says he did not get it. (@~#!^&@). I send him the pictures again but this time I have him on the phone and he is by his computer and gets that chime noise telling him in coming e-mail. He says he gets the picture (now I am getting somewhere ). He called me back in a couple of days and said they can not get me the clips. I asked about my refund and he said to call back called back and he asked if I sent back the wrong part yet . I said I want to know if they are going get my refund first. he said to call back. I finally get and address to send back part and asked for the return postage and he said........sarcasticly "How much is a stamp anyway"..................... Breathe .......................I said it was going to cost more than a stamp. He said he does not have the authority the grant that . I asked him to see what he could do. I cost me $4.05 the send back the package and I did a delivery confirmation. I called when I knew they had the part and asked the when I was going to get my refund and the girl said I would ,no problem I called , to make this a little shorter at least 8 more times and I finally got my refund plus my return postage. It is now April 15th and I am still with out those clips . Three months dealing with this company and I did not cuss one time.............. Dude 8) :2cents:
http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p281/tailgaterdude/ 1968 F-100 302 ci, 3" dropped axles ,
'73 Disc Brakes '48 F-1 Roof ,69 Mach-1 hood scoop'92 Caddy Taillights ,4-Track Player
1948 F-1 W/Flat six
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: O.E.M. Hardware Canada.

Post by ezernut9mm »

that sucks. even if they totally destroyed the order, good customer service could have helped to make that whole process go better.

as for the clips, i can't believe they're that small. i thought i had what you needed, but i guess these are too big.

wanting to buy a mercury tailgate!
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: O.E.M. Hardware Canada.

Post by ezernut9mm »

amk has everything as well. check out their catalog.

http://www.amkproducts.com/default.htm
wanting to buy a mercury tailgate!
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage