Blue Oval Truck Parts

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

jokqs

Blue Oval Truck Parts

Post by jokqs »

Hey just dropping in a note about Blue Oval Truck Parts magazine. If anybody has taken a look @ it, its almost like LMC, but I have found some different items in there that are not in LMC and vice versa. Never have ordered from them. If anybody has please let me know. The prices in it seem a lil higher than LMC. Just wondering how the service was and how good the parts are.
67highboy

re: Blue Oval Truck Parts

Post by 67highboy »

I ordered my new battery tray from there.

It is a very nice repop, good heavy steel, just like the original. Fit was good too.

They are A+ in my book :thup:

John 8)
People who are willing to give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty or safety...

Ben Franklin 1775
FoMoCo
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by FoMoCo »

The last item I orded from them took two weeks to arrive. It was a stocked item, a seat repair kit. The quality was so poor I couldn't use it. I have never received anything of quality from BOTP.

Let's move this to the vender forum.

Nick
1969 F-100
2006 Fusion SEL
2006 e-320 cdi
2004 excursion V-10
dcbullet
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by dcbullet »

If they have the item I am looking for, I order from them. I'm in California (as is BOTP) and they overnight it to me every time. Also, the same folks always answer the phone so it's a little more personal attention. They were willing to measure certain items I was interested in buying.

They are A+++ in my book.
ratfink
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by ratfink »

I have ordered parts from them and was very impressed. They kept me updated via email, quick delivery, and good quality parts.
Ratfink
Dennis
1968 F100 Ranger 390/ C6 (Mine again)
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser Sandstorm
2007 3500 4X4 Dodge Cummins
Idleness is the mother of all vices.
BiggDogg
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by BiggDogg »

Well, I got some parts from BOTP this week, and ordered a bunch more. Being in California, we had the privilege of going down to the actual BOTP building and picked up the parts we needed (woohoo no shipping costs :D ).

The guy that runs the place is really friendly and helpful. The building is about the size of an AutoZone, with various (common) parts stored there, and the rest stored somewhere else/has to be ordered.

Another cool piece of info for other Southern California folks:
BOTP guy asked what other stuff we wanted to get for the truck, so we pulled out our LMC catalog and said, "We want these things (e.g, billet grille, etc.), but we didn't see them in your catalog, so we're gonna order them from LMC." Well, he told us BOTP and LMC help each other out and share parts, so anything we want from LMC he can get for us, and we won't have to pay shipping because we can just pick the parts up from BOTP :rock:
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

That's cool! :thup: :thup:
I do like that new billet grille LMC has. If I had one of those years truck, I'd have to consider it.
Glad you have a source nearby! :)
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html