Harbor freight tools

Discuss your workshop and related equipment

Moderator: FORDification

ssgtos

Re: Harbor freight tools

Post by ssgtos »

Have been using Harbor Freight tools for over 30 years. Started with there socket sets. Will buy their hand tools (wrenches, sockets, pliers, screwdrivers) all day long. Also have had good luck with their power tools. Have a 3/8" corded drill since 2002, used it all the time. Had it stored in a laundry room where I had a leak. The drill was in a plastic tote that filled with water. The drill sat in the water for over two weeks when I found it. Hung the drill up and let it dry for a couple of weeks, plugged it in and it still works. If fact I'm still using it to this day.

Have been using a 4 1/2" angle grinder from Harbor Freight for many years. With the price of Harbor Freight tools, I'm not afraid to use and abuse these tools. The drill and angle grinders have been holding up to the use that I put them through.

I would not buy any tools that require precision, ie Miter saw, lathe, table saw. Finial thing.... Harbor Freight tools are great for those one use jobs. If I'm going to need that same tool over and over again, I'm going with a name brand.
Bill Ramsey
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Bill Ramsey »

I have an air powered needle scaler. That thing chews through rust and paint like no tomorrow. The large coil spring broke an entire coil off. Put it back together without the small piece and still works. I've used it on tractor wheels, truck frames, trailers, floorboards etc.
1968 Highboy
1976 Highboy
1969 F250 Camper Special
1941 Dodge Power Wagon
1930 Model A Coupe (Hotrod)
1962 Fairlane 500 Sports Coupe
VW Sandrails
Honda ATC's
36' Diesel Pusher for roughing it.
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Just picked up a scratch and dent upper and lower US General upper and lower roller box set for $199 at our HF yesterday to replace a Craftsman set that is 5 years old and falling apart - drawer slides going bad...... :cuss: I cant believe how cheap Craftsman boxes have gotten - the US General box is built like my 25 YO Craftsman box that is still going strong.........hate to switch but if I'm gonna pay the money I want something thats gonna last.......
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

"Ohiotinkerer"]Just picked up a scratch and dent upper and lower US General upper and lower roller box set for $199 at our HF yesterday to replace a Craftsman set that is 5 years old and falling apart - drawer slides going bad...... :cuss: I cant believe how cheap Craftsman boxes have gotten - the US General box is built like my 25 YO Craftsman box that is still going strong.........hate to switch but if I'm gonna pay the money I want something thats gonna last.......

Dude...I have a HF one mile from me and am so...jealous as I've never owned a complete upper and lower matching set of boxes!
I'll have to pay closer attention... :(
I did pick up a pneumatic stapler from them that is about to get a very good workout here at the house. :pray:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

basketcase0302 wrote:
"Ohiotinkerer"]Just picked up a scratch and dent upper and lower US General upper and lower roller box set for $199 at our HF yesterday to replace a Craftsman set that is 5 years old and falling apart - drawer slides going bad...... :cuss: I cant believe how cheap Craftsman boxes have gotten - the US General box is built like my 25 YO Craftsman box that is still going strong.........hate to switch but if I'm gonna pay the money I want something thats gonna last.......

Dude...I have a HF one mile from me and am so...jealous as I've never owned a complete upper and lower matching set of boxes!
I'll have to pay closer attention... :(
I did pick up a pneumatic stapler from them that is about to get a very good workout here at the house. :pray:

It was pure luck......I was there 2 days before and it was $299 and I really wanted it but having just paid $1200 of a $1350 medical bill (thanks Obama...... :cuss: ) I took a pass on it.......when I went back yesterday it was marked down to $199 - half what they usually cost - and that was too good to pass up. It has a dent in the back corner of the upper and a wrinkle in the side of the lower but everything works like it should so thats all i care about...... :D

Watch when they have the stuff set up outside the front of the store - seems to be when they set stuff like that out.....good to know they have them in Tennessee......thats where Im retiring to....... :thup:
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR