Accel Plug Wire Crimper - the best tool ever!

Discuss your workshop and related equipment

Moderator: FORDification

sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Accel Plug Wire Crimper - the best tool ever!

Post by sargentrs »

Got new 8mm plug wires for my '74 Dart. Of course, they had to be assembled on the distributor cap end. Tried to crimp those big wires with my regular crimpers and had to tweak them with needle nose pliers before and after. I was not satisfied with the job I did so I broke down and paid the $30 for the Accel crimpers. Wow! What a difference. The design of the jaws makes a neat, factory looking crimp and they operate with a click style ratchet, effortless and smoothly. If you play with old cars, these are a handy thing to have.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
ToughOldFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Accel Plug Wire Crimper - the best tool ever!

Post by ToughOldFord »

Looks like a handy tool, I know too many of the premade wires pull apart when you pull the boot anymore, almost always have to recrimp a couple at least when it's plug change time.
1969 F250 Ranger Camper Special. 390, NP435, 3:73s.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That government is best which governs least, because its people discipline themselves. -Thomas Jefferson