Eastwood Pro Double Single Brake Line Tubing Flaring Tool Kit Product Review

Discuss your workshop and related equipment

Moderator: FORDification

Madman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Eastwood Pro Double Single Brake Line Tubing Flaring Tool Kit Product Review

Post by Madman »

I put this in here as a follow up for the tools section as well as the brakes section because I feel it is that good of a tool.
I ordered mine awhile back, got it for $199 with free shipping when I shopped around on Google Shopping. I received it earlier this week and had the first chance to use it today .....The verdict is in.

This tool is worth every penny...If I had paid the average $250 for it I would still be satisfied. It is a must have if you do much wrenching....the cost versus the time you save and the loss of frustration you will probably experience using the old tool make it worth it alone.

Using the tool is simple and very effective...

A must have in my opinion.
""Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet."

2017 Ford Raptor
1970 F250 4x4
1948 Willys CJ2A w/ Ford Flathead V-8
1975 Ford Bronco
ToughOldFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Eastwood Pro Double Single Brake Line Tubing Flaring Tool Kit Product Review

Post by ToughOldFord »

Congrats! The right tool makes all the difference in the world!

:thup:
1969 F250 Ranger Camper Special. 390, NP435, 3:73s.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That government is best which governs least, because its people discipline themselves. -Thomas Jefferson
dailyf100

Re: Eastwood Pro Double Single Brake Line Tubing Flaring Tool Kit Product Review

Post by dailyf100 »

I concur! I am using it right now. Got mine on sale for 179 a rear ago. For anyone that needs to do brake lines; this tool and NiCopp line make it EASY!!!!!!
BS_307

Post by BS_307 »

I bought Eastwood's "On Car Flaring Tool" for $40 and I found this to be a great tool as well. It is a bout 1 million times better than the old style tools and it fits anywhere. I have not tried the professional series but for home hobby use I love the little compact tool. I don't think it is designed for stainless lines but it does work on them. Might be pushing its limits but it works.
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by colnago »

I don’t do enough hydraulic lines to justify the cost. I'm using the old-style tool from AutoZone. I "learned the knack," so I can make it work for me, but it doesn’t do anything for stainless lines. Wish I could justify something better, though.

Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.