Fuel line R&R Carb Disaster

Discuss your workshop and related equipment

Moderator: FORDification

IBFordInternational

Fuel line R&R Carb Disaster

Post by IBFordInternational »

Carb Disaster is my result after making a new steel fuel line on my 1969 F250 Camper Special. I bought this truck to supplement my broken 1975 F100 4X4 Baby who I call Tilly. The 69 purchase was to get the other engine down to the rebuilder, get some metal stock to build a make shift crane, get bags of cement to pour a small slab to keep me and Tilly's parts out of this winters mud. And So On, The 69 started off promising but I'm overwhelmed with brake downs. It's Auto-lite 2100 series Carb hadn't been worked on since the Eighties I'm guessing. My rebuild was simple enough, waiting for the Parts Dip to clean took over 2 Weeks, checking every few day's the dip's progress. The original fuel line was totaled due to age the nut's rounded during removal and several attempts to get a OME replacement failed, lots of useless incorrect bends, no fittings, poor descriptions. With no local help with a flaring tool ! I bought a bender, a double flaring setup the flare nuts and built a replacement. Lots of in and out, fitting the steel tube and leek tests. I now have striped out the carb threads, %&*%$, Can they be fixed by me or a shop on the cheap, Do I have to buy a new carb, Oh and the check is In the Mail. Post good news's I need some. Twice broken and still in the MUD...
69Ford
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: Fuel line R&R Carb Disaster

Post by 69Ford »

Here's what I bought from Classic Tube. I bought the Stainless steell version very nice Link http://www.classictube.com/shop-online? ... ory_id=980
1969 Ford F100 Styleside standard cab 360 C6
IBFordInternational

Thanks I contacted the company in NY, There search engine did not cover my Truck's data. I sent them a E-Mail asked for catalog. Do you know If I can with simple shop tools repair my carb.??? Any lead's are appreciated.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

Wjay exactly is stripped. The fuel line yhreads?. Can it be heli coiled?
IBFordInternational

I am trying with my years of slowly grasping the situation, to remove the carb from F100 a (2150? ) install on the F250"s manifold, rework the cabling, Chainsaw a milling machine out of old growth sugar pine, plug the fuel inlet with special pine sap and brass dust and machine in a new inlet. Also I'm saving up for a replacement carb. I still want to master making a fuel line without kinking and splaying out the circular dimensions of the tube I'm finding at the auto part retailer level. Either my skills have decreased severely since High School Auto Shop or the tools they sell now are real Poop. This should not be so difficult.