Kawasaki Pressure Washer Wont Pressure Wash

Discuss your workshop and related equipment

Moderator: FORDification

Subzero
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Kawasaki Pressure Washer Wont Pressure Wash

Post by Subzero »

I picked up 12 or so year old Kawasaki Pressure washer with a Cat Pump on it for $40 a few months back in non-running condition but the seller said it worked fine before being stored for years in a storage unit. I plan to use it to help prepare my F100 frame for painting. I got the engine to run by rebuilding the carburetor ( took 5 min :lol: ). I ran the hose to it and made sure water was inside the pump before it ran. Started it up and very little pressure, the pump is not pressureizing the water. The engine runs fine but no pressure. Has the pump locked up or something? I thought about putting marvel mystery oil in the pump where water goes to see if it frees up, would that be a good idea? Thanks for any help you can provide
1972 F100 Sport Custom-2WD, Aqua Blue and Wimbleton White, LWB, 302 V8 and C4 trans, P/S, P/B - under construction

Gone but not forgotten: 1968 F100 Ranger- 2WD, LWB, original rebuilt 360 V8, Autolite 2bbl carb, C6 Trans, Hedman Headers, Powermaster Racing Starter, H-Pipe and Glasspacks, P/S, P/B, A/C
tac
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: Kawasaki Pressure Washer Wont Pressure Wash

Post by tac »

I don't have a Kawasaki but the Karcher pump I have has little parts and springs that will get stuck if setting up too long. The oil may work.
Subzero
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: Kawasaki Pressure Washer Wont Pressure Wash

Post by Subzero »

Thanks, I took of the overflow valve and cleaned it as it was very dirty, ill try the oil and see what happens. It's not like I have anything to lose after all :lol:
1972 F100 Sport Custom-2WD, Aqua Blue and Wimbleton White, LWB, 302 V8 and C4 trans, P/S, P/B - under construction

Gone but not forgotten: 1968 F100 Ranger- 2WD, LWB, original rebuilt 360 V8, Autolite 2bbl carb, C6 Trans, Hedman Headers, Powermaster Racing Starter, H-Pipe and Glasspacks, P/S, P/B, A/C