quick rundown on floor jack operation?

Discuss your workshop and related equipment

Moderator: FORDification

BigRedTruck
Preferred User
Preferred User

quick rundown on floor jack operation?

Post by BigRedTruck »

I got a 3 ton + 2 jack stand/creeper seat combo at sears...the thing is these intructions make no sense. the manual's flow is not good. can anyonw tell me how to get this thing up and running? thanks
69 F-100 2wd 360 cid C6
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head
DuckRyder

re: quick rundown on floor jack operation?

Post by DuckRyder »

What are you trying to assemble it?

The Jack should be complete except for a two-piece handle. A long bolt goes through the two pieces. Also on the receptacle on the jack, there should be a bolt on the bottom of it that you back out to remove the handle. When it is all together, the bolt will lock the handle in by engaging the slot in the bottom of the handle. Turning the handle (twist) will open and close the valve which will either allow you to jack up, or to let down. I cannot remember if mine is a 3 or a 3.5-ton, but it also has single stroke up, so when it is not under a load it goes right up to the object in a pump of less.

The stands will have a tab on the side. You have to insert the top (yellow) into the base. (Make sure the teeth engage) then bend the tab so that the top portion cannot come out.

Cannot help with the seat. :hmm:
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
BigRedTruck
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: quick rundown on floor jack operation?

Post by BigRedTruck »

thanks....I built the seat.....not sure what good packaging a creeper seat with a jack that cannot possibly lift a car high enough to use the seat does though. i would build it now cept for the weather outside....the streets are flooding up to the sidewalks....I think I saw a rowboat just go by.... :lol:
69 F-100 2wd 360 cid C6
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head