Clutch-head screw driver or bit

Discuss your workshop and related equipment

Moderator: FORDification

dotcentral
Preferred User
Preferred User

Clutch-head screw driver or bit

Post by dotcentral »

Anyone got a source for these? Even the Snap-On guy doesn't have them, though he can order it. Thinking I'm going to have to grind down a regular screwdriver to fit.
Former owner of 70 LB SportCustom and a 71 SB SportCustom. Looking for a replacement bump!
Rockcrusher

Re: Clutch-head screw driver or bit

Post by Rockcrusher »

1970sportcustom wrote:Anyone got a source for these? Even the Snap-On guy doesn't have them, though he can order it. Thinking I'm going to have to grind down a regular screwdriver to fit.
Try TrueValue if they're in your neighborhood
Rockcrusher
http://www.rockcrusher4x4.com
Ignorance is sticking your hand in the fire 'cause you don't know what it is ... Stupidity is doing it a second time.
dotcentral
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by dotcentral »

If I can find one, I'll give them a call. There's 6 of them holding a metering block on. I have them on, I use a small sized torx head screwdriver temporary. I need to get some loctite type sealant on these and the screws that hold the base to the body.
Former owner of 70 LB SportCustom and a 71 SB SportCustom. Looking for a replacement bump!
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Necessity is always the mother of invention...I've found myself needing one of those several times, and ended up just grinding down a worn-out screwdriver and using that.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!