WTB: duraspark II plug, harness to distributor

Moderator: FORDification

8ton

WTB: duraspark II plug, harness to distributor

Post by 8ton »

As title states, I need a duraspark II plug with enough pigtail to splice in. I need the harness side plug that goes to the distributor. I haven't been able to find a new aftermarket one.
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: WTB: duraspark II plug, harness to distributor

Post by colnago »

You can get the plug from RockAuto, then make your own harness (the plug comes with ~6" of black pigtail). That's what I did a couple of months ago.

Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.
8ton

Post by 8ton »

I could only find the two plugs that go to the icm, unless rock auto's pictures are wrong, or i missed it. I need the three terminal connector with the locking tabs top and bottom. I have a whole harness, but the wire going into this plug was damaged, so now it just has spade connectors on it. It works but is ugly.
Thanks!
tnab1970

Post by tnab1970 »

the plug that goes to the ICM is the same plug that goes to the distributor. The ICM has same shape plug but only 2 spades in it. the distributor has 3 spades in it. We just did the exact same thing. two plugs and added about 24" of wire soldered heat shrunk and bolted to firewall.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.ph ... 0880&jsn=8
I believe this is what we used.
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by colnago »

Also, you'll have to trim off the locking tabs. As the picture shows, the tabs are on the side. The plug is snug enough that it won't go anywhere, even without any locking tabs.

Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.
BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by BobbyFord »

You can buy Painless Performance duraspark harnesses from Summit Racing.