threaded adjustable power brake rod to brake pedal

Moderator: FORDification

hedz
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

threaded adjustable power brake rod to brake pedal

Post by hedz »

i need the threaded rod with a hole and bushing that the brake pedal bolt goes through and threads into the power booster rod. this is for a 1972 ford f100 with a power brake master cylinder setup. need this shipped to 35222. if you have one please give me a call at 205 919 2037.
hedz
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: threaded adjustable power brake rod to brake pedal

Post by hedz »

guys i'm going to delete this post later but i wanted to leave it up to show people a few things. i ordered a master cylinder power booster all in one adjustable pushrod unit from oreillys for a drum drum. their part numbers are mixed up and they sell you a disc drum master cylinder with a power booster and the input on the power booster is a 7/16s with a 20 mm pitch. A. they list a disc drum as a drum drum. B. they sell a power booster with a size thread on the rod which is not a normal size. it should be 3/8s with a 24mm pitch. all i wanted was a adjustable setup in order to tighten my pedal and make it just a little bit higher (i don't like the position, i have big feet). however this cannot be achieved through oreillys unless you fabricate a 7/16s 20mm pitch rod. so if you want the right hardware for your 72 with drum drum you need to order from oreillys a 71 drum drum. and they don't offer an adjustable for 71. and the adjustable pushrod that master power brake sells for a 72 f100 is a 3/8s with a 24mm pitch

on another note i would like to say that the hydroboost sticky on the main page of the website ought to be removed. it in no way applies to our vehicles. you cannot hope to use a 75 grand marquis hydrobooster without a intricate bracket and a spacer from the rod to pedal, unless you smooth out your entire firewall to open up space for options in placement or some other rediculous approach like a intricate bracket and a pushrod over a foot long(if you keep your firewall but still want to move the hydroboost closer to the pedal). and that would be stupid to use a pushrod over a foot long on a hydroboost unit of any brand, unless you beefed it up with a larger diameter push rod than what is offered stock. I wish i had never read the bugger. that sticky needs to be replaced by a tutorial using a hydrobooster that's either a new aftermarket piece like something from willwood or atleast a sticky from a fellow forum member who used a astrovan hydroboost, or anything for that matter besides the grand marquis unit. For guys like me who are jumping into things they have never tackled and only have their own labor to rely on for the majority of their work, that tutorial will end up costing that person a pretty penny that is completely unnecessary. we're talking saving several hundred dollars. just because it says ford doesn't mean it's the best route.
timmytim
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: threaded adjustable power brake rod to brake pedal

Post by timmytim »

:fr:
buy'em dirty sale'em clean
get more money for the same
machine.....
:loco:

My 1967 bump: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 09#p668209

My 1970 Bump: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 16&t=50726