Hub caps/Center caps

Moderator: FORDification

One_F250

Hub caps/Center caps

Post by One_F250 »

I've been looking for hub caps or center caps for my 1970 F250. It's a 4x4, with 16" steel wheels (8 lug pattern). Can anyone point me to a set of 4 that's in good to fair condition? Thanks!
Tpdaniels

Re: Hub caps/Center caps

Post by Tpdaniels »

One_F250 wrote:I've been looking for hub caps or center caps for my 1970 F250. It's a 4x4, with 16" steel wheels (8 lug pattern). Can anyone point me to a set of 4 that's in good to fair condition? Thanks!
Can't point you to any and the main reason is there was none made for the 4 X 4 from the factory. You have to make the front ones yourself, here is a picture of mine. I used a metal hole saw to cut out the center then smoothed up the edges with a small die grinder. Make sure you get the stainless steel ones so they won't rust.

I am of an age now that most of life's lessons were learned the hard way;
Life is hard, but it’s harder when you’re stupid.
Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.
Never ask how stupid someone is 'cause they'll turn around and show you.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
If you had the choice “Looks or Brains” take the Brains, Looks will get you thru the first half, but Brains will last a lifetime.
One_F250

Re: Hub caps/Center caps

Post by One_F250 »

Those look great! Thanks for the tip. It looks like I'll have to try the same thing as you. I found plenty of caps for 15" wheels, but none for the 16". :cry: