want to buy adjustable brake pedal pushrod

Moderator: FORDification

hedz
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

want to buy adjustable brake pedal pushrod

Post by hedz »

want to buy a used adjustable brake pedal pushrod that has the same diameter hole for the bolt that goes on a 1972 pedal. either that or i'll buy one you have fabricated for my particular truck.

whatever i buy i will be chopping it up and adapting it to my hydrobooster. unfortunately i do not have the tools or any fabricator willing to make me one.
rmurphy
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: want to buy adjustable brake pedal pushrod

Post by rmurphy »

I used a 79' hydrobooster and brackets mounted right up to the bolt holes. also used the brake pedel assy to go from std. to auto.
hedz
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by hedz »

that's cool. this is what i need. this will supposedly circumvent multiple junkyard trips trying to find this thing
Calvin Gunter
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Calvin Gunter »

Master Power Brakes in Mooresville,North Carolina is where I got an adjustable brake rod for my 67.
1967 Ranger,Short bed,390,C-6,9 inch,4 BBL.,intake,cam,headers,3:55 Posi.,A/C,Power steering,Power Disc Brakes,Automatic trans.DJM dropped I-beams,flipped rear hangers,headlight harness upgrade.ExTang tonneau cover "Old Blue".
http://s508.photobucket.com/albums/s328/BigSxy96/
1967 Base model,352,2bbl.,3 on the tree,short bed,3:25 9 inch "Rusty".
1967 Mustang coupe-show car/garage queen.Small Block,alum. heads,Nitrous,4:11Locker,Areospace brakes "Mystang".
1996 F-250 Powerstroke-Big intake,exhaust,injectors.(Nice Smoke Show) "Big Sexy"
hedz
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by hedz »

Calvin Gunter wrote:Master Power Brakes in Mooresville,North Carolina is where I got an adjustable brake rod for my 67.
thanks man! i don't know if their product is going to work or not. but it is about 45$ cheaper than the ssbc universal pushrod kit that everyone is selling online. MPB seems to cater to our specific vehicles with these pushrods. mine came out to under 20$ with shipping. great deal if you ask me - even if i can't chop it up to add onto my hydroboost. a guy named steve talked to me. he's the owner i believe? he was very helpful and suggested the product which i ordered that would work for a powerbrake booster on a 72 f100 which i'm hoping i can modify to go onto my grand marquis hydrobooster. i browsed through their site and they seem to have some great products. they are also tossing in a catalog for me to add to my catalog mountain of endless entertainment :D :D
hedz
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by hedz »

now that i put the hyhdroboost on the shelf, i tried to thread this part into my brand new power brake power booster with adjustable end. the adjustable rod i bought from mpb doesn't fit a as described. going to call them and see what's up.

update: the oem size is supposed to be 3/8s with a 24mm pitch. that is what master power brakes sells. that is not the same size input oreilly sells on their power brakes. it is 7/16s 20mm pitch. buyers beware!!!!! use caution so you don't get the mega shaft in the pocket