WTB: disc brake front end

Moderator: FORDification

JasonKuehl

WTB: disc brake front end

Post by JasonKuehl »

Looking for a disc brake front end, I beams, spindles, discs and all related parts. I know quite a few people are using the crown Vic front end, and am hoping someone will part with a 2wd f100 or f150 setup. Would prefer it to be within 200 miles of Decatur IL. I'm wanting to do away with the drums up front on my 72 f100
Cheaplabor

Re: WTB: disc brake front end

Post by Cheaplabor »

I'll have all of that stuff off soon, im just finishing the rear drop then im moving to the front the rotors, calipers, kingpins and all steering joints are new with less than 500 miles on them, I'm in Alberta so shipping might be a little much, you could make me an offer if you like, I'll be about 30 days out if work stays going the way it is.
hillcountryflt
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by hillcountryflt »

I am guessing you don't have a salvage yard or pick-and-pull close buy with any inventory.
I pulled all of the necessary components off of a 1977 F150 for my disc brake conversion on my 71. About half the parts I pulled I ended up using for core charges - power booster, calipers, master cylinder.
1971 F100 Custom SB Flareside;
2016 Explorer;
2020 F150
2016 Harley Ultra Limited
2008 Ford Mustang Deluxe V6
JasonKuehl

Post by JasonKuehl »

Cheaplabor wrote:I'll have all of that stuff off soon, im just finishing the rear drop then im moving to the front the rotors, calipers, kingpins and all steering joints are new with less than 500 miles on them, I'm in Alberta so shipping might be a little much, you could make me an offer if you like, I'll be about 30 days out if work stays going the way it is.
We might be able to work out a deal, i'm in no real rush right now, so whenever you are ready, let me know, and we can hammer out details then. I'm sure shipping can be figured out too.
JasonKuehl

Post by JasonKuehl »

hillcountryflt wrote:I am guessing you don't have a salvage yard or pick-and-pull close buy with any inventory.
I pulled all of the necessary components off of a 1977 F150 for my disc brake conversion on my 71. About half the parts I pulled I ended up using for core charges - power booster, calipers, master cylinder.
Yeah, salvage yards around here are pretty sparse with older trucks. The money must be in New cars and trucks. It's not for lack of looking on my behalf. I keep hitting them up only to be told they don't have anything before 1990, " but I'm free to look anyway"....
ntcmpjg

Post by ntcmpjg »

I have a setup in Mooresville,nc
JasonKuehl

Post by JasonKuehl »

ntcmpjg wrote:I have a setup in Mooresville,nc
NC is quite a haul from Illinois, what would you want for the lot? I've shipped a few parts through greyhound, and they seem the most reasonable on their rates. I shouldn't need the springs, that'll save a little on shipping. if you were closer, I'd just drive over and pick em up, but a 1500 mile round trip is a bit more than I can handle at this time.