Emergency '69 F100 part-out: Milwaukee WI

Private parties only. No eBay/Craigslist listings.

Moderator: FORDification

motzingg
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Emergency '69 F100 part-out: Milwaukee WI

Post by motzingg »

Long time no see, fordification folks. I moved from Texas back 'home' to WI when the oil industry pooped the sheets last fall. Haven't had much time at my new job to dink around on internet forums.

So, long story short, a buddy of mine here was starting a rebuild project on this truck when the shop he was renting flooded. Not a bad flood, just 2-5 inches of water, but it sat around long enough that his 40+ vintage motorcycles and years worth of hoarded parts took some damage and he's dealing with a lot right now.

Since the project isn't worth much half disassembled, and I need a bunch of parts for my truck, we decided to part it out. The problem is, he's moving out of the shop this weekend and my wife is none-too-pleased to have another broken truck in the driveway. The whole thing has to go somewhere else in the next week or so and unfortunately that could mean the scrap yard.

The good:
-360/c6 drivetrain was "running when parked" but has stale gas and no battery. For $500 I'll take the time to get it running and pull it. I'd rather take less and do less work, accessories and everything negotiable but for full price you can have whatever you want.
- 'top side' sheetmetal in pretty good shape, bottom is rusty, could get some good patch panels. I'll cut panels for folks if there is enough demand.
- long bed with toolboxes in it is in pretty good shape
- aluminum grill and grill trim, bezels, etc- i'd be happy to get $200 for all and wouldn't mind shipping.
- side and rear glass

I'm towing it home tomorrow, i'll get some pictures and more details. I'm trying to do him a favor and help him recover some of his money at a tough time, but you're negotiating with a guy who wants it gone, and not the guy getting paid, so, ahh, lets try to keep as much of this out of the scrap yard as possible. :wink:
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Emergency '69 F100 part-out: Milwaukee WI

Post by colnago »

Interested in the aluminum headlight bezels. Pics, condition, and price shipped to SoCal 93555?

Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.
motzingg
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by motzingg »

Ok,

I got the truck home on saturday and it wasn't quite as described/remembered but there are lots of good parts here. Also i'm going to stuff it in my garage to buy a little more time but its still gotta be gone by 10/14

The truck is a 1970, not a 69, its a ranger. The grille is pretty good, plastic inserts good, but the cowl is dinged up behind one of the headlight nacelles and the damaged nacelle is missing.

The 360 in the truck is blown but there is a super nice 360 out of the truck that came with it. If you want a rebuildable 360, i was told that the guy had put the wrong head gasket in it after doing some head work... he says 'heads reconditioned' whatever that means, the shop put in the wrong gasket and it blew oil into the coolant, but not the other way around, apparently? I dunno FE's but he seemed to think that was a known issue.

Supposedly the C6 is good, once again, can't test it out.

I've got side trim pieces some is missing, a little beat up but serviceable.

The windshield trim ring is perfect and the drip rail trim is really good too, not sure how i can get it off without damaging it but i'll be real careful and try to get that off.

Uh, what else. Just the same junk everyone else has. Salveageable right fender, rock guard from under the bumper. Etc.

Having a tough time with the pictures, since google changed the photo hosting. I'll spend some time trying to get that sorted out tonight but EMAIL ME at (my user name above) @gmail.com and i can shoot them out.
motzingg
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by motzingg »

https://books.google.com/books?id=guQDA ... nt&f=false

interesting, found bobby ford talking about the same thing on here, an oil passage running next to a cooling hole. far out. wish i had time to rebuild this one myself but i'm just not a V8 guy and i've only got so many vehicles to put it in....

hmm my boat on the other hand, that 2.5L chevy is looking kinda tired
ironhorse2022

Post by ironhorse2022 »

Hello, I'm looking for a full radio setup for my "radio delete" 72 F100. Need all the bits and pieces.

Thanks, John
1972 F100 custom. 360/c6/PS/long bed Idaho truck with 75k
gilbo72ford

truckbed

Post by gilbo72ford »

Would you happen to have a long wheel base truck bed for a F -100? 72 Styleside