A place for new members to introduce themselves

Moderator: FORDification

67 Ranger Betty

Post by 67 Ranger Betty »

Hi Everyone,

I'm in Alaska and recently bought a one family owned 67 Ford F 250 352? 3 on the tree. Dual tanks, stock overdrive and A/C (or the first owner ordered it that way). The truck lived in CA all of it's life till now. I was hoping she'd do ok up here, even though she's 2 WD but alas, I live on two steep hills and when we get icy, she's just not wanting to climb well. I had a 66 Ford years ago and a 53 Chevy (first car, also 3 on the tree) that in my possible 'rose colored' memories did better in our Pacific NW winters. Maybe there was a rear-end difference but I don't remember, if I ever even knew what they had. I had a lot of basic work done on her to make her safe before I drove her from North CA to eastern WA to load her up to drive her to western WA to ship her to AK. Prior to that she'd been sitting for 3 years solid and many, many, many more only being driven to get wood in the winter.
I do have to say that the overdrive is amazing. We averaged 17 mph both loaded and unloaded but the vacuum ? shift is funky and doesn't always seem to work right, at least according to the original owners manual. Anyone have an overdrive out there to offer advise ? Another thing that makes no sense to me is if I take it out of overdrive, she really shifts hard. Totally smooth in OD. Yet that shouldn't make that difference from what I understand. She's the weird (sorry if I offend anyone) Ford burnt red color, not two tone. If I keep her, she may get an upgrade to a two tone complimentary cream to the red. It just looks sharper.
lennyp
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: New Member

Post by lennyp »

:wel: from Massachusetts.
WarEagle

Post by WarEagle »

:wel: from Alabama!
1972 F100 300 cid straight 6
2009 F150 4.6L Super Crew
Bullitt74
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Bullitt74 »

:wel: from Alberta, Canada!
Steve F.
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
'72 Ranger XLT, 4x2, 390-2V, C6, Wind blue & Wimbledon White (‘Smokey’)
8)
2016 F150 Lariat FX4 Supercrew, Ruby Red
Follow my build thread for 'Smokey': http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... 22&t=85070
crazyhorse
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by crazyhorse »

Mr Ranger Betty, :wel: to the best site period. :fr:

Hope :pray: you like it here. :pray:

Pull up a chair and stay awhile., :fr: :fr: