power steering up-grade F100 1968

A place for new members to introduce themselves

Moderator: FORDification

wylertm

power steering up-grade F100 1968

Post by wylertm »

Have a question to field... It took a year but found all the parts necessary to put power steering in my 1968 Ranger according to the a past forum article. I was able to pick up a 1978 steering column (non-tilt) with the correct reach. my question, does anyone have an easy to follow color coded wire for wire connection process from old to new? I do not plan on using the emergency column blinker switch unless I must?

Any help would be appreciated!
wylertm :?
lennyp
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: power steering up-grade F100 1968

Post by lennyp »

:wel: from Massachusetts.
Bullitt74
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: power steering up-grade F100 1968

Post by Bullitt74 »

wylertm wrote:Have a question to field... It took a year but found all the parts necessary to put power steering in my 1968 Ranger according to the a past forum article. I was able to pick up a 1978 steering column (non-tilt) with the correct reach. my question, does anyone have an easy to follow color coded wire for wire connection process from old to new? I do not plan on using the emergency column blinker switch unless I must?

Any help would be appreciated!
wylertm :?
Welcome aboard from Alberta, Canada! :wel:

I don't have the answer to your question, but consider reposting in the steering section :D
Steve F.
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
'72 Ranger XLT, 4x2, 390-2V, C6, Wind blue & Wimbledon White (‘Smokey’)
8)
2016 F150 Lariat FX4 Supercrew, Ruby Red
Follow my build thread for 'Smokey': http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... 22&t=85070