Hello FORDification....

A place for new members to introduce themselves

Moderator: FORDification

grnf100

Hello FORDification....

Post by grnf100 »

Hello, I love this site. Been lurking for a long time. There is some awesome trucks on here. A lot of inspiration also. Little background on me and my truck. I have only owned trucks since I was old enough to drive. Last 25 years.

Truck: 1970 F100 Custom, Long bed, rebuilt 302 motor (not sure of year, but motor is tight), 3 on the tree.

History: My wife's grandfather bought the truck new in March of 1970 to use as a farm truck. He added some heavy duty springs and spacers in rear to haul loads of tobacco back and forth to market. He kept it a 5 years and traded it on a car at a local dealership. Well, lo and behold, my wife's dad went and bought it from the dealership. He ended up putting a cab over bed camper on it and for years pulling a boat back and forth to the NC coast (2.5 hr ride) during the late 70s/early 80s. When I married my wife in 2003, my father in law gifted us the truck. Only issue at the time was the front breaks were locking up occasionally. Very DANGEROUS! It would snatch the steering wheel when it did, no power steering. As a young man freshly married, I did not have the money to put into it to restore brakes. I it sat for a few years, just moving around the yard once in awhile. Wont long before twins came, less time and even less money. It ended up being stored in barn for 5 years or so before I started working on the brakes/lines. Only to get 1/2 way thru and then letting it set again for a couple of years. TILL present DAY!!

Last week we got it running again with little effort. Has a broken wire going to starter solenoid that had to be repaired. Some new gas and she was purring like a kitten. However, carb has some leaking coming from the front. And there is a definite dead spot when I pat the gas. CARB REBUILD in the near future. I washed and waxed the old paint to clean ol' girl up a bit. Man it is a sharp truck!!! I will try and get some pics up soon.

My plans are to get her back on the road for some around the town driving. I live about a mile from work. Hopefully to do some daily driving when the weather is suitable. NO A/C... so it will not be in the summer. LOL

The items that need immediate attention:

1. Carb rebuild. Going to be my 1st rebuild, hopefully I don't screw it up. Man, she starts now with a bump of the key. I hope that doesn't change! In spite of me!!!!! (hopefully to be completed within a month) COMPLETED!! (although I did not rebuild, my wifes uncle rebuilt it. He is the only one that has ever worked on truck mechanically. He is the one that rebuild the engine years back. He is a mechanic.)

2. Finish the brake lines from distribution block up to master Cylinder and new lines to front brakes along w/ a new master cylinder. And rebuild of the front brake parts and shoes. (back is already complete) (Hopefully to be completed before spring)

3. Replace head light, no biggie but a must. All other lights/ signal lights are good. (Will be done this weekend)

4. set of new tires. and in the market for some new wheels. (Thinking of getting a 90's model f150 rims for a fresh look) Still not sure what direction I want to go with this.

At this point, she will be road ready. :D I cant wait!

Other items that I want to do, but I can do over time:
1.Replace points with electronic ignition/ new wires
2. cut out some rust spots and repair-- Mainly in driver floor board.
3. recover bench seat and replace headliner
4. upgrade headlights
5. I'M SURE AFTER I GET SOME MILES UNDER HER BELT AGAIN.... THINGS MIGHT POP UP THAT WILL NEED ATTENTION!
6. My Dream! FRAME OFF RESTORATION.... 8) will have to be after kids are out of the house so my budget loosens up!

I've has so many offers to buy and the answer is always...NO! It will be handed down to my boy one of these days!

Anyways, that's it in a nutshell. I will post updates and I'm sure be looking for answers from you guy on issues that may come up.
Last edited by grnf100 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grnf100

Re: Hello FORDification....

Post by grnf100 »

[image]133[/image]

[image]134[/image]
Last edited by DuckRyder on Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed images
lennyp
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by lennyp »

:wel: from Massachusetts.
1970FordTK
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 1970FordTK »

Welcome from a native North Carolina resident. :D
grnf100

Post by grnf100 »

Thanks DuckRyder for fixing my pictures. I'm still figuring out on posting pics.
ok68crewcab
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by ok68crewcab »

Welcome, glad you're here.
2 Blessed 2 Be Stressed
Madman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by Madman »

:wel: Colorado!
""Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet."

2017 Ford Raptor
1970 F250 4x4
1948 Willys CJ2A w/ Ford Flathead V-8
1975 Ford Bronco
crazyhorse
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by crazyhorse »

Mr GRN, :wel: to the best site period. :fr:

Hope you like it here. :pray:

Pull up a chair and stay awhile. :woohoo:

Thanks for the good history.
67mann
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 67mann »

:wel: From NY
I've had enough and I'm not alone
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii304/67mann/
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

:wel: from Ohio.............. :fr:
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
Mancar1
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!
Location: USS Gramps Garage (DD-727) Tehama County, Northern Ca.

Post by Mancar1 »

Welcome aboard from Tehama County, Ca.
May your sails stay full, and your knots not slip. Unless a slip knot.
Once I thought I was wrong, but I was wrong.
Life is a banquet, and every days a feast.
68 F-250 CS 390 C-6 P/S A/C front disc. 2nd owner.
2016 GMC Terrain Denali 301 HP V-6 AWD.
2009 Silverado Crew Cab, V-8, 4X4.
DD-727
DD-806
AE-35
LSD-39
AS-41
AR-8