I might do something (wild)....

A place for new members to introduce themselves

Moderator: FORDification

mytmatt
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: I might do something (wild)....

Post by mytmatt »

Hello and welcome from West Texas! Good luck in your search...there are more of these trucks out there than you might think, in varying degrees of preservation. They have a lot of class too.
Sharkdance
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Sharkdance »

Space can be a problem when trying to work on one of these old trucks.
Other things like tools, location, the type of neiborhood you live in, and physical ability come in to play as well.

An enclosed shop big enough to house your truck, tools, and parts is ideal. But not all of us have that luxury.
A tarp/canopy can work but its no cake-walk. You still have to have space to store your tools and parts. Preferably right near the truck.

When attempting a backyard build up or repair special attention must be given to timing and the order of which things go back together.
Unlike an "in-shop" build up. Curtain tasks can only be done in certain weather. Sometimes weeks of work can be easily reversed if parts are left unfinished for too long outside - even under a tarp. So some planning, task strategy, and a lot of luck for good weather is needed as well.

Im the kind of guy that would rather see someone doing anything they are capable of to their truck with what ever means they have rather than never do anything to it because their waiting for the ideal conditions to work in.
If we all waited for that, we would never get project done.

A build up of any kind requires patients and commitment. Oh and money too.:lol:

Is it hard? Yes
Is it worth it? Yes
Sharkdance
70 F250 2WD 360/C6
dapopes68

Post by dapopes68 »

welcome. you should get an f100 short wheel base with a 302 v8 And three speed on the floor
DaPopes68